So you have been given a process analysis essay to write and don’t know where to start? Follow this simple guide to get your work completed faster!
- What is a process essay?
- Popular Topics for this Assignment
- Process Essay Sample
- 7 Tips To Writing The Best Process Essay
- Material List
- End the paper on a high note
What is a process essay?
A process analysis essay is, in essence a guide with step by step instructions on how to perform or make a certain task.
For example, cooking a particular dish or how to assemble an item of equipment. It is important to guide the reader through every stage and give detailed advice as they may be new to this area. Although plenty of detail is vital, try not to bore the audience and only include essential information.
Popular Topics for this Assignment
When writing a process essay, some favored topics could include:
- A recipe to bake a cake
- How to quit smoking
- Avoiding becoming burned out as a student
- How to set up a website
- Finding a summer job
- How to take better photographs
- Decorating on a budget
- Best ways to succeed at an interview
- Creating a powerpoint presentation
- Choosing a good book
- How to write an Academic paper
Process Essay Sample
7 Tips To Writing The Best Process Essay
- Keep in mind who will be reading it. This is important to set the writing style and level for your audience and should be considered early on. Do not use language that is too advanced for an audience that is new to this particular field. Equally, do not write in a way that will lose interest.
- Order your process essay chronologically. Make sure the order in which you write is easy to follow and with timeframes if needed. Try to make notes while actually going through the task that is being described to get the most accurate information. Inform the audience how long a particular stage will take them so they can see how well they are progressing.
- Explain a different stage in every paragraph. Clearly write and explain everything in each section, so the reader has no doubt what they are following especially if they are new to this topic. With clear divisions between the different steps, it will be easier to understand therefore better for the audience.
- Use transition words and sentences between paragraphs to flow better. In a process essay, it should flow well by using transition words like “next” or “then.” Remember to link every paragraph in some way to introduce the next section but do not overuse certain transition words. The article should be informative but at the same time pleasing to read.
- Do not number each stage. This will make your work look like more of an essay than a simple list of instructions. Crucial to the design and more pleasing to the eye are positive factors to writing in this way.
- Take care with pronouns to stay constant throughout. When explaining something first hand for example “I do things” do not change halfway through to “you should do things.” Switching between pronouns will make an article look less professional, so plan ahead the style in which to write.
- Try to use imperative sentences sparingly if at all. A process analysis essay should feel a certain way and the overuse of imperative sentences will make it sound like an instruction manual. Try to write in an informative way but keep it interesting for the audience to read.
If you follow our top tips the process essay will be finished a lot faster. If you have no time for all the research and writing then we can help you at Essay Service.
Here is a typical layout to follow:
Organise your process analysis essay well and this will give the reader the best experience possible:
Start by creating an informative title for the work, which will let the audience know what they will be reading. The title should not be too long but provide just enough information to want to continue with the article.
Write a creative introduction to intrigue the reader into the process essay without getting to the fine details. This could include giving some background information on what they will make that might not be known. This should get the audience motivated to want to continue with the article. Also, it is possible to explain how the item will benefit the audience somehow and hook them into the piece. Think of a way to describe what they will make and give them a unique perspective into what will be described.
When writing the body paragraphs plan out every stage of the article and what you want to say to the reader in each section. So for example, the first section might contain the material list, then the second could explain a process to prepare the materials in some way. Always give plenty of details as the audience will be better informed, but stay on track and do not give too much information.
The concluding paragraph should tie up the process essay nicely by perhaps restating what was previously mentioned in the introduction or describe the finished product.
If any materials are needed at all, write a complete list for the reader. As you walk through the task yourself you can go back and add anything that might have been missed. Also include where or how to find them if it’s something difficult to obtain and offer a substitute in its place. Also detail any special tools or equipment that are needed to complete the process analysis essay and any skills that are not obvious to the reader.
So for example to bake a cake, you could write the materials needed as follows:
Simple white cake ingredients
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
End the paper on a high note
When concluding a process analysis essay, it is important to make it interesting and different to the rest of the work. Maybe talk about the finished product and how it should look like and also mention possible failures that have been encountered in the past. Restate the introduction if possible and mention any positive attributes to what the reader has done. Maybe the end product is healthy or the process that they have been guided through benefited the audience in someway?
Running out of time? Buy a process analysis written by professionals
If you don’t have enough time to write a complete process analysis essay then we can help you. Here at Essay Service, we have a team of expert writers from different academic backgrounds to save your time. Either follow our free guides online or order a custom essay from us and spend your time on things that more important to you!